|Hello Uso Skin Glower!|
I am sure you have now perfected the “art of washing your hands” during this Covid-19 period!
Now, let’s talk about the “Art of washing or cleansing your face” in order to get the maximum benefit for your skin.
Cleansing is a key element of any Skincare routine as it removes dirt, oil, and other unwanted debris from your skin. Throughout the day the skin on your face is continually covered with bacteria, pollutants, viruses, dirt, and old (dead) skin cells. Twice a day facial cleansing removes these impurities leaving your skin fresh and bright. It also allows better penetration of serums and creams. Here are some Facial Cleansing Tips and product recommendations to keep in mind next time you wash your skin!
Founder of Uso Skincare
|1. WHAT TO USE: Use a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser that does not strip your skin of its natural oils as these provide a natural hydration and anti-ageing defence for the skin. Therefore, do not use cleansers that contain alcohol or normal soap on your face. Be cautious of cleansers with high foaming capacity as these tend to be more harsh, stripping the skin and are more drying. Yes…more foam does not mean more effectiveness! Lastly, harsh cleansers can also irritate the skin and lead to inflammation which is one of the causes of uneven skin tone…and we do not want that!|
I recommend that you use a type of cleanser that contains multiple active ingredients, also referred to as Active Cleansers. An active cleanser is any cleanser with active ingredients which has a physical effect on your skin. Active cleansers do not just cleanse, they also target signs or ageing, uneven skin tone and congestion. Active ingredients to look out for are vitamins, anti-oxidants, hydrators and skin-calming ingredients.
2. HOW TO USE A CLEANSER:
– Wet your face with lukewarm water(never hot water as this strips your skin of its natural oils) and use your fingertips to apply cleanser.
– 60 second rule: To allow the active ingredients in your cleanser to work their magic, massage your cleanser with warm water into your skin using gentle, circular, upward motions for a minimum of 60 seconds.
– Never use a washcloth, mesh sponge, or anything other than your fingertips as these can irritate your skin. Resist the temptation to scrub your skin because scrubbing irritates the skin.
– Do not forget to cleanse your and Neck and décolleté in the same manner, these neglected areas are the first to show signs of ageing.
– Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
3. PRODUCT RECOMMENDATION:
A firm customer favourite, I recommend the Uso 01 Hydro-Active Cleanser, which is suitable for all skin types.We have specifically designed it for effective cleansing, with no oil stripping or irritation through an advanced cleansing system. Packed with anti-ageing active ingredients such as anti-oxidants Vit E, essential fatty acids omega 3, 6 and 9 and Vit C for a brighter skin. It also contains Chamomile which calms the skin and prevents inflammation, Centella to tighten, firm the skin and Provitamin B5 for hydration. Leaving the skin clean, brighter but not dry. Take extra care of your skin this winter!Stay safe and Keep glowing!
Founder of Uso Skincare